Grants are available by application, initially to Ian as Executive Director and can only be made after all sources of statutory funding have been explored.
Applications should therefore include refusal or rejection letters for statutory support. The trustees are empowered to grant assistance to Young People who are being fostered, or have been fostered by the FCC, their carers and immediate family, and FCC Staff only in respect of -
- The advancement of education.
- Relief of Financial Hardship of Young People when moving from FCC foster care into independence, and in order to sustain independent living.
- Grants and/or loans, once satisfied that a qualifying charitable need exists.
- Our resources are relatively small but all the trustees are conscious that even a little money at the right time can produce a significant benefit.
- Current funding was generated from a donation at the end of last financial year from FCC income in an effort to reduce our Tax liability by “benefitting our own”. Another element of our co-operative approach.
- More details and further guidance will be found on the new FCC website.