Why FCC is right for you!
Who can foster?
To become a foster carer, the initial criteria is to be aged 21 or over, have at least one spare bedroom in your home and to have the stamina, love, and compassion to care for a child.
Becoming a carer involves an assessment process – but don’t worry, we will be with you every step of the way! DBS, references and background checks are all undertaken – and you will be allocated your own social worker who will guide you through the process.
Why FCC is right for you...
- We celebrate equality and diversity, and take pride and welcome applications from people of all walks of life and abilities.
- We are proud of our matching processes – We have one of the strongest track records for ‘getting it right’.
- You’ll get all the support you need to succeed – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- A generous financial package
- Paid respite
- A comprehensive training programme
- Regular support group meetings with other carers
- A calendar of events, activities and days out for you, your family and the children you care for
- Access to key further support resources
- Regular home support visits from your personal Social Worker
Being a foster carer will challenge you, but the rewards are huge too; we’ll be there supporting you to succeed – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our foster carers really do change the lives of children every single day.